Nathan (Nate) focuses his practice on:
- Transgender legal issues – Nathan has advised international fraternities and sororities about issues related to the admission of transgender members and has advised educational institutions about issues related to transgender students. Nathan has also presented on transgender legal issues at several national conferences and published articles on the issue of transgender inclusion in fraternities and sororities.
- Commercial litigation – Nathan has represented clients in both state and federal court in a variety of commercial litigation matters including partnership disputes, employment discrimination claims, tort claims, and contract matters.
- Appellate matters – Nathan has represented clients in appeals to the Arizona Court of Appeals, the Arizona Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Commercial landlord/tenant disputes – Nathan represents clients in disputes over commercial leases, including advising clients on retaking possession of a leased premises and litigating breach of lease claims.
- Government and regulatory law – Nathan has been involved in representing state and local governments in a variety of matters.
- Ethics and professional responsibility – Nathan has represented attorneys in discipline proceedings before the State Bar.
- Education law – Nathan has represented K-12 charter schools and post-secondary educational institutions as well as education service providers in a variety of matters.
Nathan is a native of Los Alamos, New Mexico and has lived in the Phoenix area since 2003. Nathan is a three-time Sun Devil, most recently graduating magna cum laude from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at ASU in 2013. Before joining Osborn Maledon, Nathan worked as a law clerk for the Honorable David G. Campbell of the United States District Court for the District of Arizona and taught second grade for 3 years in Phoenix’s Roosevelt School District as a 2007 Teach for America corps member. While in law school, Nathan was a judicial extern for the Honorable Patricia A. Orozco of the Arizona Court of Appeals, and a legal intern for the Arizona State Senate Rules Office.
Nathan currently serves on the national board of his fraternity, Sigma Phi Beta, and has previously served as its President and Chairman. Nathan has also served as the board chair for CASA Academy, a local charter school dedicated to ensuring that low-income students in grades K-3 are on the path to college.
In his spare time, Nathan likes to swim, entertain, and spend time with his partner, Dontae, and their family and friends.