Danielle Janitch focuses her practice on representing a wide variety of clients in cybersecurity, data protection, privacy, intellectual property and technology related matters such as developing and managing data protection plans, licensing, distribution, procurement and trademark prosecution. In addition, Danielle has experience with construction contracts and outside general counsel services.
Danielle has been recognized by the Phoenix Business Journal as one of the top Forty under 40, as well as named a Rising Star by Southwest Super Lawyers in the area of Intellectual Property. She previously served as the President of the Arizona Women Lawyers Association. She regularly moderates and speaks at programs concerning cybersecurity and intellectual property.
Before joining Osborn Maledon, Danielle was a judicial clerk for Judge Roslyn O. Silver of the U.S. District Court, District of Arizona, attended Stanford Law School, earned a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and a Bachelor of Science in Biology from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and served as an officer in the United States Army.
Beginning in her MIT years, Danielle has given back to the community by organizing and participating in Chemistry Magic Shows and coding events conducted at local science centers, schools, and community centers. Danielle is active in the Phoenix MIT Alumni Association. Danielle is a member of the Arizona Women Lawyer’s Association, the Federal Bar Association, and the American Judicature Society. She also has been active for many years in supporting ICAN, a non-profit organization that provides free services to youth in the Chandler Redevelopment Area.
- Sarah Herring Sorin: Arizona's First Woman Attorney
Recent Speaking Engagements and Panels
Speaker, Ethics & Technology: Understand Your Duties When Using Tech Resources, with William Furnish, Arizona Chapter, Association of Corporate Counsel, July 22, 2020
- Panelist, Phoenix Business Journal Table of Experts: Why businesses are losing the cybersecurity war, and what it will take to win, April 20, 2018
- Speaker, Hot Topics in School Data Privacy, Security, and Technology, Osborn Maledon Charter School Lunch & Learn series, February 21, 2018
- Cyber Security Panelist and Moderator, TAGLaw International Conference, Fall 2017
- Panelist, Law & Technology: Incident Response and Notification Panel, Arizona Technology Council Cybersecurity Summit, May 4, 2017
- Panelist, Cyber Security: The Legal Landscape, ASU Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Cyber Liability Summit, February 9, 2017
- Speaker, Open Source Software in M&A Transaction, with Jonathan Ariano, Arizona Chapter, Association of Corporate Counsel, February 2, 2017
- Speaker, Who "Owns" Your Information Stored in the Cloud?, Arizona State Bar Intellectual Property Division, January 17, 2017
- Speaker, Cybersecurity Liability Insurance and Other Ways to Prepare for the Inevitable, with Laszlo Gonc, and Ryan Murray, Society of Information Management (SIM) National Cybersecurity SIG Webinar Series, November 15, 2016
- Speaker, Anatomy of a Cease-and-Desist Letter: Beyond the Boilerplate, with Eric Fraser, Arizona Chapter, Association of Corporate Counsel, April 7, 2016
- Moderator, Law & Technology Breakout Panel: So You’ve Been Hacked, Now What?, Arizona Technology Council Cybersecurity Summit, May 5, 2016
- Panelist, Phoenix Business Journal Table of Experts: Cybersecurity, September 30, 2016
- Speaker, Common Pitfalls and Best Practices, Indemnification Clauses in IP Contracts, with Aaron Harmon, Arizona Chapter, Association of Corporate Counsel, June 5, 2014