The Commission on Appellate Court Appointments seeks public input on the ten candidates being considered to fill the vacancy on the Arizona Court of Appeals, Division One created by the retirement of Lawrence F. Winthrop. (Although the Commission initially selected eleven nominees, Governor Ducey recently appointed Justice Kathryn King to the Arizona Supreme Court.) The Commission seeks public input on the following candidates:
- Michael S. Catlett of the Arizona Attorney General’s Office
- Alice M. Jones of the Arizona Attorney General’s Office
- Angela Kebric Paton of the Arizona Attorney General’s Office
- Hon. Daniel J. Kiley of the Maricopa County Superior Court
- Hon. Joseph P. Mikitish of the Maricopa County Superior Court
- Keith J. Miller of Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Hon. Adele G. Ponce of the Maricopa County Superior Court
- Hon. Joshua D. Rogers of the Maricopa County Superior Court
- Jeremy A. Rovinsky of the National Paralegal College
- Hon. Patricia A. Starr of the Maricopa County Superior Court
The Commission will review the applications and hear public comments on July 22, 2021. During the meeting, the Commission will decide which applicants to interview. These interviews will take place on August 9, 2021. Afterwards, the Commission will send at least three nominees to Governor Ducey for consideration and appointment.
Posted by: Phillip W. Londen