Emma is a rising star in the firm’s litigation group. Her practice spans complex civil litigation, appeals, and administrative proceedings. She has worked for a wide range of clients, from individuals to major corporations, with a focus on representing government entities and political candidates and campaigns. Emma is well-versed in state and federal constitutional matters, higher education law, election law, and contract disputes. Emma excels at presenting clear and concise arguments on complex issues of law to further the interest of her clients. She also enjoys building records through discovery and depositions and handling all aspects of trials, hearings, and appeals.
Prior to rejoining Osborn Maledon, Emma worked on mass tort litigation relating to product liability for major pharmaceutical and environmental companies. She has also clerked for the Honorable Mary M. Schroeder of the United States Court of Appeals, and graduated with honors from the University of Chicago Law School. In 2021 and 2022, she was recognized by Best Lawyers®, Ones to Watch in Appellate and Commercial Litigation.
- Defended municipality against state constitutional challenge to housing program (Maricopa Cty. Sup. Ct.).
- Defended university system against class action lawsuit (Maricopa Cty. Sup. Ct.).
- Defended state against constitutional challenges to election laws (D. Ariz.).
- Represented lender in multi-million breach of contract action (D. Ariz.).
- Represented individual accused of violating campaign finance laws (county recorder).
- Best Lawyers®, Ones to Watch, Appellate, Commercial Litigation, 2021-2022, 2024
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, Civil Litigation, 2021
- Comment, Payments to Not Parent? Noncustodial Parents as the Recipients of Child Support, 81 U. Chi. L. Rev. 1749 (2014)