Oscar has quickly established himself as a rising star in corporate law, lending his experience negotiating major services contracts for Fortune 500 companies to build foundations for success for early-stage start-ups. Oscar’s practice works with a broad set of corporate clients with a particular interest in emerging markets like tech and cannabis. He has a natural knack for assisting startups and translates his astute business sense into an empathetic approach to counseling entrepreneurs from financing to the sale of their businesses.
He focuses on representing businesses throughout the life cycle of their enterprise, with particular knowledge in brand protection, mergers and acquisitions, licensing, data privacy and protection, commercial agreements, and day-to-day counsel. He has become a valuable advocate for his clients in the tech and cannabis sectors helping them navigate through emerging markets with little or no governance.
Prior to joining Osborn Maledon, Oscar practiced with an AmLaw 100 firm where he began to cultivate his growing expertise in commercial transactions. His experience as a former in-house paralegal strengthened his deep-seated dedication to his clients, affording him the ability to anticipate needs and build sound legal strategies for sound business and operations.
Oscar graduated from George Washington School of Law. He is a member of various bar associations including Arizona Cannabis Bar Association, The National LGBT Bar Association, Hispanic National Bar Association, and participates in the Greater Phoenix Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. He was recognized by Phoenix Business Journal as a NextGen Leader and Ones to Watch by Best Lawyers®.
- Phoenix Business Journal, NextGen Leaders, 2021
- Best Lawyers®, Ones to Watch, 2021-2023
- Arizona Cannabis Bar Association
- The National LGBT Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Greater Phoenix Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
The Open Table, Secretary, 2021-2022
- Client Alert: New Guidance for Paycheck Protection Program Under the CARES Act
- Client Alert: Key COVID-19 Federal Relief Programs for Entrepreneurs and Small Business
- Client Alert: USPTO Issues Guidelines on Hemp-Related Trademarks
- Co-presenter, 2020 Trademark Law Practice Update, State Bar of Arizona, January 21, 2020