The accelerating emergence of technology, media and life science industries, currently taking place throughout the Southwest, demands a law firm with the experience to meet the unique developmental requirements of these industries in these times. With a special commitment to serving emerging ventures, Osborn Maledon attorneys have been representing growth-oriented and entrepreneurial clients in all fields for more than 30 years.
Osborn Maledon attorneys have extensive experience and success representing entrepreneurial enterprises throughout their life cycles, from venture capital and private equity financings through exit transactions involving M&A transactions and securities offerings. When appropriate, we further support our clients by leveraging the relationships we have developed with venture capitalists, private equity sponsors, investment banking firms and other relevant industry professionals and entrepreneurs.
Often serving as outside general counsel for our clients, Osborn Maledon attorneys understand and deliver the broad range of legal services required by entrepreneurial enterprises. These include:
- Venture capital and other private placements of securities
- Entity formation and transaction structuring
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Strategic partnerships and joint ventures,
- Initial public offerings
- Corporate governance
- Technology licensing and distribution
- Software, internet and intellectual property agreements
- Trademark prosecution and protection
- Licensing and transfer of biological materials
- Licensing and transfer of university technology
- Executive Compensation and employee equity incentives
- Human resources advice
Our attorneys also assist public and private organizations in generating and implementing economic development as well as capital formation legislative initiatives.
The in-depth experience of our attorneys in implementing venture capital and other financings, as well as successful exit transactions and our long list of diverse entrepreneurial clients, makes Osborn Maledon one of the region's foremost law firms for entrepreneurs and their enterprises.
For representative examples of transactions for our clients in the emerging ventures markets, see our "tombstones" at this link.Associated Attorneys