Throughout his 40-year career, Bill has played an integral role as an advisor for entrepreneurs, investors, growth companies and family offices in Arizona and across the United States. He has led the growth of the firm’s business practice, providing strategic counsel to clients in a wide variety of sectors, including technology, education and consumer products. He also led economic development and capital formation legislative initiatives and ballot campaigns to support growth of the Arizona business ecosystem. He continues to contribute his deep legal and business experience to firm clients, regularly advising colleagues at the firm.
Bill is an influential community member, actively lending his time to community projects focusing on economic development, housing, and human rights. During Governor Napolitano’s administration, he served as Co-Chair of the Governor’s Council on Innovation and Technology and a director of the Arizona Economic Resource Organization.
Bill currently serves on the national board of directors and chairs the audit committee, of Lambda Legal, the nation’s leading civil rights organization committed to achieving full recognition of the rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people, and everyone living with HIV.
Bill graduated, with honors, from The University of Chicago Law School in 1982. He is recognized as a leader in his field by Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and by Best Lawyers®, and has ranked among the Top 50 Arizona Attorneys by Southwest Super Lawyers.
- Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/M&A, 2004-2021
- Best Lawyers®, Corporate Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, 1995-2022
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Mergers & Acquisitions, Business/Corporate, 2007-2018
- Phoenix Best Lawyers®, Corporate Law, Lawyer of the Year, 2016
- American Jewish Committee, Judge Learned Hand Community Service Award Recipient, 2017
- Arizona Bar Foundation, Walter E. Craig Award Recipient, 2015
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Top 50 Arizona Attorneys, 2007-2010
- Arizona’s Finest Lawyers
- Arizona Economic Resource Organization (AERO), Director
- Governor’s Council on Innovation and Technology (GCIT), Co-Chair
- GCIT Technology Transfer Committee, Co-Chair
- State Bar of Arizona, Securities Regulation Section, Past Chair
- Governor’s Award for Excellence in Human Rights
- Arizona Human Rights Fund, Inc., now Equality Arizona, Co-Founder
- City of Phoenix Arts Commission: Commissioner; Past Chair, Art in Public Places Committee
- Arizona Heart Institute, Institutional Review Board