Jack Dearing works with the firm’s transactional group, counseling clients on real estate transactions, corporate and securities matters, mergers and acquisitions, banking, finance and regulatory matters. Mr. Dearing has extensive real estate experience and regularly advises clients on acquisitions and dispositions, commercial leasing matters, lender and borrower financing issues, development and development entitlements, due diligence and commercial foreclosures. His practice also involves the representation of individuals and businesses in a wide variety of business transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, asset-based transactions, debt and equity offerings and private placements. Mr. Dearing also regularly advises clients on finance, banking and financial services matters such as asset-based lending, workouts, collateralization, regulatory compliance and licensing.
- Served as securities counsel on numerous private offerings, including those related to the creation of funds for mortgage lending, the formation and operation of new business ventures and the acquisition of real property assets such as raw land and income producing properties.
- Represented purchasers in the acquisition and disposition of large tracts of undeveloped real property located throughout Arizona, including in Maricopa, Pinal and Pima Counties.
- Represented private homebuilders in the acquisition and development of real property, including due diligence and financing matters.
- Advised an international pulp and paper manufacturing company as Arizona counsel in the $240 million sale of a paper mill, railway and approximately 19,000 acres of real property located in northeastern Arizona.
- Represented a large community bank and prevented multi-million-dollar losses by re-securing collateral and obtaining additional security in a series of loan transactions with a group of individuals eventually convicted of running a Ponzi scheme and defrauding banks in Colorado and Arizona.
- Represented national and international life insurers in connection with loan portfolios secured by properties located throughout the Southwestern United States.
Maricopa County Bar Association