Osborn Maledon takes great pride in its highly qualified, diverse and professional staff of paralegals, paralegal assistants, secretaries, word processors, library staff, IS personnel, accounting staff, file clerks, copy center personnel and other support staff. The attorneys at Osborn Maledon value our staff as part of our legal team. We are in this together for the good of our clients. We work hard, but also realize that our staff members need to take time for family, for friends and for recreation.
If you are interested in joining the Osborn Maledon staff, please contact human resources regarding any available positions.
IT Support Specialist
Duties include providing hardware and software technical assistance and training to the firm’s users. Troubleshooting, support and provide general assistance to senior technical staff. Setup video conferences for firm's users as well as outside entities as requested. Maintain inventory of firm technical equipment and supplies. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a collaborative team environment; must be self-motivated and self-driven. Provide, on a rotating basis, after-hours, on-call coverage for end user support. Experience with Microsoft Windows desktop environment, computer desktop and laptop hardware repair and knowledge, Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016 with particularly strong working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Smartphones and other mobile devices. File management and legal-specific software such I-Manage Desksite, iPro Eclipse, etc. preferred. Applicant needs to have strong interpersonal skills as well as good aptitude to learn new tasks quickly. Law firm or professional service firm background a plus.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Responds to end user IT-related calls; works to provide user issue resolution, when possible
- Follows documented procedures for work processes, basic troubleshooting and computer reimages
- Works independently and from a standard protocol to respond to user issues with moderate judgment to supplement the outlined process
- Successfully resolves moderate technical issues (related to hardware and software) from users and proactive notification systems; escalating issues when appropriate
- Proactively assists users to avoid or reduce problem occurrence
- Write training manuals and provide training
- Other duties as assigned
Specific Skills Required:
- Computer builds
- Basic Knowledge of Active Directory and Office 365
- Some knowledge of Group Policy
- Cable Management Skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Impeccable time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to walk end user through a resolution logically
- Extremely self-motivated and proactive
- Dependable and flexible regarding work schedule
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience on a technical IT service desk
- Minimum of 2 years’ customer service experience
- Windows 10/OS X experience
- Enterprise IT experience and a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, Active Directory, and basic Networking
Competitive salary and benefits offered.
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter, resume and salary requirement to human resources.