Insurance serves an essential function in modern society. It allows businesses to effectively mitigate their risk, and it gives individuals reassurance that they will have access to the financial resources they need when unexpected events happen, among other things.
But, insurance is also complicated. A typical insurance policy contains important exclusions, and the specific coverages and endorsements in a policy may determine whether coverage is available in any given scenario. State law plays a role as well.
We Have More than 25 Years of Experience Resolving Insurance Disputes for Our Clients
Osborn Maledon has been representing businesses and individuals in insurance disputes for more than 25 years. We have worked with many of our clients for decades, and we are well known for our experience in the insurance sector. Our clients benefit from our attorneys’ experience on both sides of complex insurance disputes, including disputes arising out of construction projects, corporate disputes, property damage claims, personal injury and wrongful death claims, and other first-party and third-party claims for coverage.
Litigation Counsel for All Types of Insurance Coverage and Bad-Faith Disputes
Businesses and individuals regularly encounter insurance questions and disputes. Our attorneys advise all types of clients on insurance coverage questions and represent both insurers and insureds in disputes over coverage and other policy terms. We also represent insurers and insureds in cases involving allegations that the insurer has acted in bad faith.
We have experience across the entire spectrum of insurance policies and lines of coverage. This includes favorably resolving disputes for clients in cases involving:
- Builder’s Risk
- Commercial General Liability (CGL)
- Directors & Officers (D&O)
- Errors & Omissions (E&O)
- Excess/Umbrella Liability
- Professional Liability
- Property & Casualty
Contact Us for More Information
If you have an insurance coverage question or need to speak with a lawyer about an insurance dispute, we encourage you to get in touch. Please call 602-640-9000 or contact us online.
- Defended insurer in flood-based claims litigation
- Defended insurer in clergy misconduct litigation
- Represented business in litigation with its insurer and broker over availability of business interruption insurance
- Represented insurers in bad faith litigation arising from cancellation of commercial insurance policy and from denial of insurance coverage under health insurance policy
- Defended reinsurer in action for breach of contract and for declaratory judgment
- Represented plaintiff reinsurer in fraud suit regarding concealment of material evidence
- Defended insurer in contempt proceedings for alleged failure to comply with an arbitration award
- Represented tribal entity in dispute with insurer over calculation of premium payments due under disability insurance policies
- Represented excess insurer in arbitration regarding its cover of state’s statutory no-fault birth-related injury program
- Represented reinsurer in arbitration regarding its cover of cedent’s “whole account”
- Represented retrocedent in arbitration regarding personal accident business cession collection dispute