Our experienced energy law, water, and public utility regulation team provides legal counsel and strategic advice for the electric, renewable energy, natural gas, water, telecommunications and innovative technologies sectors. The clients we serve include public utilities, renewable and traditional energy developers, industry associations and public and private entities in all types of transactions related to the energy and utility industries.
Our attorneys are well known in the industry and have extensive regulatory experience and creativity in numerous areas of energy and utility regulation and project development. We have actively participated in the development of the regulatory framework and capitalize on this extensive experience to advise our clients.
In our energy and public utility practice, we have:
- Represented various clients, from utilities to third party intervenors, in water, electric, and gas rate cases before state public utility commission.
- Represented utilities in energy efficiency, renewable energy, and integrated resource planning dockets before state public utility commission.
- Represented various clients, from utilities to private developers, in line siting proceedings before the Arizona State Power Plant and Line Siting Commission and state public utility commission.
- Helped clients secure financing authority from state public utility commissions.
- Drafted power purchase agreements and other energy-related contracts for private energy providers and regulated utilities.
- Helped private energy provider structure power transaction so as to become eligible for utility renewable energy tariff.
- Represented telecommunications company in request to obtain service authorization before state public utility commission.
- Obtained approval of purchase power agreement for wind resources before the state public utility commission.
Elias J. Ancharski
Jack C. Dearing
Meghan H. Grabel