Minimizing the impact that adversarial employee relationships can have on business efficiency and productivity is a major priority for the employment lawyers at Osborn Maledon. We recognize that different businesses have unique environments, varying sizes, needs, and goals. Our Phoenix employment attorneys effectively partner with employers to learn their businesses to provide the necessary counsel. These attorneys help measurably increase productivity and efficiency for our clients by devising ways to proactively avoid employment problems. We also pride ourselves on being available for those quick telephone calls that can often prevent more serious problems from developing at a later date.
We balance our extensive knowledge of Arizona and federal employment law with our clients’ business demands to provide clear, practical solutions to employment issues. We offer employment counseling, advice, and training on many employment-related issues, including topics such as the recruitment and retention of key personnel, employment agreements, handbooks and policies, wage and hour issues, discrimination, harassment, employee leave, workplace accommodations, employee discipline, and restrictive covenants. We regularly conduct workplace investigations for our clients on employment-related issues, in a manner that both meets our clients’ objectives and is efficient and cost-effective.
Our employment lawyers also effectively and efficiently defend clients in a wide variety of cases. We represent clients in state and federal court, and before the EEOC, Department of Labor, and other regulatory agencies involving claims relating to:
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- Federal and state anti-discrimination acts, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Fair Labor Standards Act (wage and hour laws)
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Charges of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Arizona Civil Rights Division
- The Arizona Civil Rights Act
- The Arizona Employment Protection Act (wrongful discharge)
- The Arizona Trade Secrets Act
- Executive compensation
- Breach of employment contracts
Osborn Maledon’s employment lawyers also regularly handle emergency hearings in state and federal courts concerning employee departure situations, including restrictive covenants, theft of business information, and trade secrets violations. Our knowledgeable, well-trained and experienced Phoenix employment lawyers provide effective, efficient representation for all sizes of businesses in all types of industries.
BriAnne Illich Meeds
Colin M. Proksel
Andrew G. Pappas
Scott W. Rodgers
Kristin L. Windtberg