Unrivaled in breadth and depth of experience in Arizona regulatory issues
Osborn Maledon’s government and regulatory experience enables it to develop and implement practical solutions for public and private sector clients on a wide range of regulatory issues. We regularly represent businesses operating in heavily regulated industries such as banking, gaming, higher education, utilities, and telecommunications. In addition, we represent American Indian tribes, charter schools, cities, community college districts, universities, school districts, private postsecondary institutions and state agencies. Our governmental and regulatory experience includes:
- Representing governmental and private sector clients on a range of regulatory issues, including advice regarding compliance issues, reviewing and drafting legislation, representation in administrative enforcement matters, and related litigation and appeals.
- Serving as outside counsel for charter schools, community colleges and other public entities. We provide support to our client’s in-house counsel, handle matters when a public entity’s attorney has a conflict of interest, and currently serve as the primary counsel for several charter schools and public entities.
- Representing governmental and private sector clients on public contract issues, including providing advice regarding procurement requirements, representing parties in bid protests, and assisting with all phases of the procurements process.
- Representing clients on a range of political law issues, including campaign finance compliance and enforcement issues, voting rights compliance, and ballot access issues.
- Providing legal counsel and strategic advice for the electric, renewable energy, natural gas, water, telecommunications and innovative technologies sectors. The clients we serve include public utilities, renewable and traditional energy developers, industry associations and public and private entities in all types of transactions related to the energy and utility industries.
- Appeals from federal agency decisions.
Osborn Maledon has significant experience in the areas of political law, governmental ethics, open meeting and public records issues, education law, employment issues, civil rights complaints, behavioral health, banking, communications, regulation of utilities, securities, and constitutional advice and litigation, and appeals. We regularly work with our client’s in-house counsel, management, and public affairs specialists to develop solutions related to important public policy issues or sensitive political issues, and effectively litigate such cases when necessary.