Throughout his career, Andy has developed a reputation as a skilled negotiator and trusted advisor in complex business deals. His experience representing buyers, sellers, startup entrepreneurs, and investors has enriched his expertise in understanding transactions from multiple angles.
The bulk of Andy’s practice revolves around commercial business transactions as well as serving as outside general counsel to private businesses working alongside Boards of Directors, CEOs, and CFOs on day-to-day strategizing and problem-solving. During his 12 years of practice, he has nurtured a deep-seated interest in every aspect of running a business and helping business owners push their companies to the next level. Prior to joining Osborn Maledon, Andy worked at Latham & Watkins LLP in Southern California representing clients in multibillion-dollar transactions.
Andy graduated from the University of California: Los Angeles School of Law and received a Bachelor of Science in Political Science and a Bachelor of Commerce in Economics from Santa Clara University. He has written regularly about mergers and acquisitions for the Phoenix Business Journal. In 2021, he was recognized by Best Lawyers® for Corporate Law; from 2017 to 2019, he was named a Rising Star in Securities and Corporate Finance by Southwest Super Lawyers .
A native of Phoenix, Andy is an active community leader. He currently serves as the Chair of the Fiesta Bowl Committee and previously served as the Game Operations Chairman for the 2019 PlayStation Fiesta Bowl and Cheez-It Bowl. He was the Fiesta Bowl Committee 2017-2018 Outstanding Yellow Jacket (Member) of the Year.
- Best Lawyers®, Corporate Law, 2021-2023
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Securities & Corporate Finance, 2017-2019
- Outstanding Fiesta Bowl Committee Member of the Year, 2017-2018
- State Bar of California, Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services, 2010-2012
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Member, 2010-Present
- State Bar of Arizona, Business Law Section, Member, 2013-Present
- State Bar of Arizona, Securities Regulation Section, Member, 2014-Present
- State Bar of California, Business Law Section, Member, 2010-Present
- Fiesta Bowl Committee, Member, 2014-Present
- Chair, Fiesta Bowl Committee, 2021
- Chair-Elect, Fiesta Bowl Committee, 2020
- Fundraising Commissioner, Fiesta Bowl Committee, 2019
- Chairman, Game Operations for PlayStation Fiesta Bowl and Cheez-It
- Bowl, Fiesta Bowl Committee, 2019
- Futures Commissioner, Fiesta Bowl Committee, 2018
- Chairman, Honeywell Fiesta Bowl Aerospace Challenge, Fiesta Bowl Committee, 2018
- Table of Experts: Mergers & Acquisitions, Phoenix Business Journal, April 16, 2021
- Table of Experts, Mergers & Acquisitions: What Sellers, Buyers Should Look for as M&A Market Hits its Peak, Phoenix Business Journal, June 14, 2019
- Why your company needs to prep for an exit from the get-go, Phoenix Business Journal, June 14, 2019
- 3 Tips for Buying, Selling or Merging a Business, Phoenix Business Journal, June 15, 2018
- Structuring an M&A Transaction, 2017-2018 Arizona In-House Counsel Guide, Association of Corporate Counsel, November 2017
- Making Due Diligence (Almost) Painless, 2017-2018 Arizona In-House Counsel Guide, Association of Corporate Counsel, November 2017
- Key considerations for equity crowdfunding, Phoenix Business Journal, June 1, 2016
- Crowdfunding Benefits and Risks, Phoenix Business Journal, May 12, 2016