Christopher C. Simpson has an instinct for saving struggling businesses. Over the last two decades, he has become an authority on bankruptcy and has made it his professional calling to provide relief to small businesses and large corporations facing chapter 11 bankruptcy. During his time at the University of Arizona, he strengthened his acumen for business restructuring by simultaneously pursuing a J.D. and Master of Business Administration.
The bulk of Christopher’s practice involves counseling business debtors, committees, and creditors in every aspect of bankruptcy. He splits his efforts between accompanying his clients through the reorganization of their business and restructuring of debt and in the buying and selling of distressed assets. Christopher has built a long record of success in assisting clients through the complex process of financial recovery, examining every aspect of a business, and strategically restructuring and reorganizing for a healthy future.
In addition to working for clients in a wide range of industries, including, healthcare, manufacturing, real estate development, construction, and hospitality, Christopher serves as a chapter 11 Subchapter V Trustee for the District of Arizona and has served as a court-appointed mediator in bankruptcy proceedings. Christopher is a frequent lecturer on bankruptcy matters for the State Bar of Arizona and other legal organizations. Christopher has served as President of the Arizona Bankruptcy chapter of the American Inns of Court, an association of lawyers and judges who share a passion for professional excellence.
- Arizona Neurological Institute, Chapter 11 proceeding, represented corporate debtor in confirming a successful plan of reorganization.
- Moses Inc., Chapter 11 proceeding, represented corporate debtors in confirming a successful plan of reorganization.
- Freedom Financial Group, Chapter 11 proceeding, represented debtor and negotiated the exchange of $54,000,000 of debt for equity pursuant to 11 U.S.C. §1145 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Paramount Building Solutions, Chapter 11 proceeding, represented stalking horse purchasers of business assets from bankruptcy estate.
- Casa De Capri Enterprises, Chapter 11 proceeding, represented purchaser of subacute care facility from bankruptcy estate.
- Tanga.com, Chapter 11 proceeding, represented an unsecured creditors committee.
- International Technical Coatings, Chapter 11 proceeding, represented the unsecured creditors’ committee to achieve 100% repayment for unsecured creditors.
- Accipiter Communications, Chapter 11 proceeding, represented an unsecured creditors committee to achieve 100% repayment of unsecured creditors.
- EventPro Strategies, LLC, counsel to the Chief Executive Officer during bankruptcy proceedings.
- Solterra Holdings, out-of-court divestiture of assisted living facilities in Colorado.
- Pabst Brewing Company, out-of-court financial restructuring and negotiation of $180 million credit facility.
- Tonto Basin, Chapter 11 Subchapter V proceeding, Trustee
- KLJ Orchard Venues, LLC, Chapter 11 Subchapter V proceeding, Trustee
- Summit Family Restaurants, Inc., Chapter 11 Subchapter V proceeding, Trustee
- Special collections counsel for PING, Inc.
- American Inns of Court, Arizona Bankruptcy American Inn of Court, President 2020-2021, Executive Committee 2016-Present
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- State Bar of Arizona, Bankruptcy Section