Kristin counsels and defends employers of all sizes and across a wide spectrum of industries with an emphasis on providing clients with proactive strategies to manage litigation risk and ensure compliance with complex and ever-changing employment laws. She is a trusted advisor, drawing on her knowledge of state and federal employment laws to counsel clients on a wide range of employment-related issues, including wage and hour issues, discrimination and harassment, employee leave issues, workplace accommodations, hiring and termination practices, employee discipline, restrictive covenants, and trade secret protection. In addition to assisting clients in drafting and implementing legally-compliant employment policies and agreements, she conducts workplace investigations on employment-related issues.
Kristin is an experienced litigator and regularly represents clients in state and federal court as well as before regulatory agencies such as the EEOC, Arizona Civil Rights Division, and the Department of Labor. She has successfully defended employers against claims of discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour violations, and breach of contract, and has defended and prosecuted cases involving restrictive covenants and trade secret protection.
Kristin’s practice also involves representing public entities such as municipalities, governmental agencies, and educational institutions in complex civil litigation.
Kristin has been named on the 40 & Under Hot List two consecutive times by Benchmark Litigation and has been recognized by Best Lawyers® for Labor and Employment Law. Before joining Osborn Maledon, she served as a judicial clerk for Justice W. Scott Bales of the Arizona Supreme Court.
- Benchmark Litigation: 40 & Under Hot List, 2019-2020
- Best Lawyers®, Labor and Employment Law, 2021-2023
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Employee Litigation: Defense, 2016
- State Bar of Arizona, Employment Law Section Member
- Maricopa County Bar Association Member
- Federal Bar Association Member
- Arizona Women Lawyers Association Member
- Children’s Museum of Phoenix, Board of Directors 2017-Present; Secretary 2019-2022, Vice Chair 2022
- Children’s Museum of Phoenix, Playmakers Young Professionals Network, 2015-2016
- Arizona Town Hall, Recorder 2009, Member 2014-2015
- Beatitudes Agelink, Board of Directors, 2012-2013
- Gift Clause: Recent Developments, June 2021
- Drafting and Maintaining Effective Employee Handbooks, May 2021
- Arizona’s New Marijuana Law: What Schools Need to Know, February 2021
- Reasonable Accommodations Under the ADA, September 2020
- Attorney-Client Privilege and Internal Investigations, February 2020
- When Employees Go Bad: Best Practices for Employee Terminations, January 2020
- Best Practices for Corporate Political Involvement, June 2019
- Arizona Election Law CLE Redistricting Update, April 2018
- The Fair Labor Standards Act: New Overtime Rules, May 2016
- Arizona Election Law CLE Redistricting Update, April 2016
- Arizona Election Law CLE Significant Election Law Court Decisions, April 2016
- Workplace Harassment Training, September 2014