Scott Rodgers is the President of the firm and head of Osborn Maledon’s employment law practice. Practicing in the employment law arena for more than three decades, Scott has represented management in a broad range of employment litigation including defending claims of harassment, discrimination and retaliation, wrongful termination, defamation, and wage and hour claims. Scott has also successfully defended and prosecuted numerous cases involving non-compete agreements, other restrictive covenants, and trade secret protection. Scott regularly practices in state and federal court as well as regulatory agencies such as the EEOC, Arizona Civil Rights Division, and the NLRB.
Scott’s wide experience litigating employment claims – including discrimination laws, wage and hour laws, the ADA, and the Family and Medical Leave Act-provides the basis for his extensive counseling practice. He regularly counsels management clients, providing legal and practical advice to ensure compliance with the rapidly evolving field of labor and employment law. Scott’s counseling work focuses on preventive practices, and includes designing training programs and employee manuals, and advising clients regarding rights and obligations in wage payment practices, benefits, executive compensation, equal employment opportunity, and health and safety laws, and implementing low-exposure hiring and termination practices. Scott also is regularly engaged to draft executive employment, separation, and proprietary rights agreements.
Amongst other awards, Scott has been recognized by Chambers in America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Labor & Employment 2007-2021, Best Lawyers®, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Labor and Employment Law, 2007-2023, Southwest Super Lawyers, Employment & Labor, 2009-2022 and Arizona’s Finest Lawyers.
- Best Lawyers®, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Labor and Employment Law, 2007-2023
- Best Lawyers®, Phoenix Lawyer of the Year, Litigation-Labor and Employment, 2022
- Best Lawyers®, Phoenix Lawyer of the Year, Employment Law-Management, 2019
- Chambers USA, America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Labor & Employment, 2007-2022
- Best of the Bar, Business Journal, Labor, 2003; Employment Law, 2004; Employment Litigation, 2005
- Southwest Super Lawyers, Employment & Labor, 2009-2022
- Arizona’s Finest Lawyers