Theresa’s practice has been spent in fast-paced jury trials, employment and fair housing litigation, and appellate work. In her criminal practice, Theresa handled cases involving fraudulent schemes, tax fraud, real estate fraud, and racketeering. Theresa is a regular presenter to lawyers and the community on topics including Civil Rights, Harassment Free Work Environments, and the Rules of Evidence.
Before joining Osborn Maledon, Theresa served as Section Chief Counsel for the Arizona Attorney General’s Civil Rights, Fraud and Special Prosecution, and Racketeering Sections. Notably, as Chief of Civil Rights Theresa oversaw Arizona’s mediation program and administrative processes in Employment and Fair Housing claims.
Before joining the Arizona Attorney General, Theresa was an Assistant United States Attorney where she prosecuted firearms cases, immigration cases, money laundering, bankruptcy fraud, and drug cases. She started her legal career at the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office. Theresa has had trial practice in state and federal courts and has argued before the Ninth Circuit.
- Outstanding Team Recipient, Attorney General’s Office Annual Awards 2015, 2017, 2021
- Arizona Advisory Board to the US Civil Rights Commission, Parliamentarian
- Victims Advisory Group to the US Sentencing Commission, Member
- Veritas High School Mock Trial, Coach
- Arizona Civil Rights Advisory Board, Executive Director 2015 – 2017
- National Charity League – Camelback Chapter, Vice President of Membership